Just sent in my resignation letter. By text messaging.
Because if I keep waiting for a better time, a safer moment, to hand in my resignation, I might find myself still working as a guard 10 years from now.
If I want to become a published writer, I have to do it NOW.
Besides, I have already arranged to meet my friends on the 1st of May to discuss the crowdfunding of my book. Yeah, I know. I haven’t heard from Publisher #3 yet, but it doesn’t hurt to plan for the worst in advance. So if Publisher #3 rejects me as well, I wouldn’t feel all lost and forlorn. I would have a plan to fall back on immediately, right after reading the rejection email.
And to make sure that I have a working plan by then, I expect to jump right into the fray and work hard after the 1st May meeting.
You know, with drafting letters and meeting people and online marketing and so on and so forth. I don’t think I can commit to a 60-hour work week once I get started with my book publishing efforts.
Teck Y. Loh